July 02, 2022

MY TRAVEL DIARY TO MAASAI MARA PART1

Courtesy of Bencia Africa Adventure and Safaris, Last weekend, I got a getaway to go on a safari at Maasai Mara National Reserve.
 

Bencia Africa's Tourist Landcruiser




It was not my first time going there  but every time I go there, It always feels like the first time.
I normally joke with my friends that Maasai Mara is that place where you go to escape from the city and human chaos and just get lost in mother nature and animals.  
Nature is always full of peace and tranquility. 


I went there for work but I confess that I took it as a vacation. I mean, working in the tourism industry should be a recreation.
So, that same weekend, there was a major event happening at Naivasha.. a safari rally to be precise.


I'm born and bred in the city and believe me, the last thing I wanted was to see more vehicles going head to head with each other.


While all roads were leading to Naivasha, I was going to Maasai Mara. 
I even came up with a tongue twister, 'All roads are leading to Mara'.  Repeat that quickly 3 times nonstop.


Because of COVID ,this was the first time in two years that I was going back to Maasai Mara and I was not going to waste any minute of it. I love wild animals and seeing them in their natural habitat, that I even had make up on. I think I was over excited than my colleagues, but I had to look good for the animals. No kidding!
 
From Nairobi to the escarpment (Also known as the Viewpoint) is 1 hour and 30minutes,,47km or 29 miles. (by road)





Great Rift Valley Viewpoint 






                                                      The Beautiful Escarpment

  We later had another stopover at Narok town. From Narok town to Maasai Mara is 139km by road. I want to say it was a long drive but I wasn't tired at al. If anything, it felt like I was in a road trip.   


                  ARRIVAL AT THE MAASAI MARA GAME RESERVE


Finally! we arrived at Maasai Mara Game Reserve and I have to say that despite being a local myself, I got a sense of what's like tourists feels like when they visit this place, especially for the first time.



The Entrance Gate of Maasai Mara 


There are 2 entrance gates at the Maasai Mara. 
From the gate, I could tell that my safari was going to be spectacular. 

I was greeted by the Maasai women who wore their culture from head to toe with with pride, as they showed me their traditional accessories. 



Maasai Women



If you're a non Kenyan this, there are more 42 tribes in our country. I guess, you have more reason to visit Kenya, huh?



Beautiful Maasai Woman Embracing Her Roots


They could tell that I am not a Maasai and that I'm from the city but I felt the motherly love from them. One of them even gave me permission to take a video of us.

Maasai Mara is surrounded by the Maasai People and everyone knows everyone.




Explaining What She Is Selling. (The price changes to non residents)-I didn't ask her name nor do I know her contacts, please find her when you go Mara. You'll enjoy her humor.

Accommodation 

Traveling is accompanied by where you'll sleep. Holiday is all about having a good time, especially if it's on a safari.

You need to have a good night sleep after game drive. 
For accommodation, we stayed at Orng'atuny Mara king Camp, a budget camp, but the warmth and hospitality we received was more than that.
We were welcomed by the Maasai who danced for us at the reception.
 
There was campfire, which we had fun sitting next to it. We slept at around 11 pm just asking questions about the Maasais' cultures. 
It made feel like we were starring in a Hollywood movie only that we didn't have marshmallows.
I'll save that for my next blog post.




Campfire At Orng'atuny Camp







We were there for 1 night, 2 days and I had to express how content I felt while in Maasai Mara.  It honestly was amazing to be away from the city.






                                                                   I couldn't stop smiling 


From the camp, you could see the sun rise and sun set, not to mention the inside of;, Maasai Mara National Reserve from the inside. 
 
At Orng'atuny Mara King Camp, beds vary from single, double, triple ,baby-coats. There's a hot shower .





                                                                            Here are the links   


https://www.bookallsafaris.com/sharing/_AuDoSAWgw/4-days-safari-holiday-kenya




 


                                                             




















This was just the beginning and I was overwhelmed. The game drive was like watching NatGeo on 3D. 
More of it on Part 2. 

You can book a safari with us to Kenya/Tanzania to experience adventure in the wilderness. Just say that Mimo directed you.

Cll/Whatsapp: +254 722 917 288

Email: info@benciaafricaadventure.com

booking@benciaafricaadventure.com

Website: www.benciaafricaadventure.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

IN THE WILD ...

One of the purposes why people travel is for recreation and entertainment. ;like, for example,going into the wild and see the diversity of w...